Our Center for Families outpatient program in Malvern is helping to address the gap in mental healthcare and teenage counseling in Pennsylvania. We provide integrated, evidence-based care for primary mental health concerns, including teen anxiety, depression, and PTSD, as well as co-occurring issues like substance use and eating disorders.
Our beautiful location allows us to offer multiple experiential activities as part of each teen’s tailored treatment plan—from yoga, music, and art to hiking and paddle boarding. Teens in our Therapeutic Day Program (PHP) also participate in daily academic programming in our Therapeutic Day School.
Teen and Family Counseling in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Our Center for Families program in Malvern is designed to help teens build strong relationships, learn and practice healthy coping skills, grow their self-worth, and reestablish trust and connection with themselves and their loved ones.
Each client has an individualized treatment plan developed by a multidisciplinary team that includes:
- Board-certified psychiatrist
- Licensed therapists
- Registered dietitians
- Experiential therapists
- Coordination of care with professional referral sources
- Teachers and academic tutors
Family-Focused Care for Exceptional Outcomes
Parent engagement in treatment is the single highest positive outcome indicator. As a teen goes through CFF’s program in Malvern, parent involvement strengthens the family dynamic and creates mutual empathy. Our family programming includes:
- Ongoing family therapy, using the empirically supported Attachment-Based Family Therapy model, to restore trust and communication
- Our Foundations for Parents group, a peer-facilitated psychoeducation program led by parents who have experience with challenges in both mental health and substance use
- A discharge plan created in collaboration with the teen and their parents, to create a roadmap for continued positive movement and greater family harmony
Robust Academic Component
The Malvern teen PHP program encompasses our Therapeutic Day School. Teens spend time in the classroom daily with specialized instructors and tutors, so they can stay on track with their academic progress while receiving the treatment they need.
- Up to four hours of academics daily
- Special education teachers and tutors
- Weekly scholastic plans developed with patients’ schools
- Transition plans to support successful reintegration to their home school after PHP treatment
All calls are always confidential.
A Full Continuum of Outpatient Care in a Healing Environment
To meet teens and families where they are, our Malvern teen mental health program offer several outpatient treatment options, including:
- Therapeutic Day Program/Partial Hospitalization Program with full-day clinical and academic programming five days a week
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment, providing afternoon/evening care while adolescents attend their current school
- Outpatient services, providing teen and family therapy as needed throughout the week
In all our programs, every aspect of teens’ daily schedule is designed to support them in gaining skills and self-knowledge as they learn new, healthy ways of navigating their world.
Experiential Therapy at Our Malvern Teen Treatment Program
Sometimes the most effective therapy takes place outside the treatment room. At our Malvern teen treatment location, teens may find themselves helping care for the residents of the Center for Chickens (our chicken coop!), doing yoga, playing kickball, or making art and music.
Seasonal Adventure Therapy excursions include tubing on the Brandywine, kayaking and paddle boarding at Marsh Creek State Park, and hiking through the beautiful local landscape—all facilitated through a therapeutic lens. The Chester Valley Trail touches our Malvern property and there is a park within 100 yards of our facility.
Gallery of Our Malvern Location
101 Phoenixville Pike
Malvern, PA 19355