Our Center for Families outpatient location in West Chester is home to our teen PHP program for adolescent depression, anxiety, trauma and other conditions; and our Nourish program, specialized for teens whose mental health struggles are accompanied by issues with eating and poor body image.
Both adolescent programs utilize Center for Families’ integrated model of care, which incorporates individual therapy, family therapy, group experiential activities like yoga, art, music, and outdoor adventures. The Nourish program curriculum also includes treatment components specific to food- and body-related issues.
Teen and Family Counseling in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Our Center for Families programs in West Chester are designed to help teens build strong relationships, learn and practice healthy coping skills, grow their self-worth, and reestablish trust and connection with themselves and their loved ones.
Each client has an individualized treatment plan developed by a multidisciplinary team that includes:
- Board-certified psychiatrist
- Licensed therapists
- Registered dietitians
- Experiential therapists
- Coordination of care with professional referral sources
- Teachers and academic tutors
Our Experiential Therapies
Our integrated approach to treatment acknowledges that restoring healthy, authentic connection does not always take the form of traditional therapy. That’s why every teen’s tailored treatment plan includes experiential activities like improv theater, yoga, community service, horticulture therapy, and outdoor adventure therapy. Our West Chester teen outpatient programs are just down the road from Fernhill Lake and close to the beautiful Stroud Preserve.
Family as the Key to Successful Treatment
Parent engagement in treatment is the single highest positive outcome indicator. As a teen goes through one of CFF’s programs in West Chester, parent involvement strengthens the family dynamic and creates mutual empathy. Our family programming includes:
- Ongoing family therapy, using the empirically supported Attachment-Based Family Therapy model, to restore trust and communication
- Our Foundations for Parents group, a peer-facilitated psychoeducation program led by parents who have experience with challenges in both mental health and substance use
- A discharge plan created in collaboration with the teen and their parents, to create a roadmap for continued positive movement and greater family harmony
All calls are always confidential.
Our Teen Therapeutic Day Program (PHP) and School in West Chester
Our PHP treatment program for teens in West Chester is a therapeutic day program for adolescents ages 13 to 18 who are struggling with behavioral, mental health, and/or co-occurring substance use disorders. Each teen’s daily schedule is individualized for their needs and incorporates a variety of evidence-based therapeutic modalities proven to be successful in treating youth.
The West Chester teen PHP program encompasses our Therapeutic Day School. Teens spend time in the classroom daily with specialized instructors and tutors, so they can stay on track with their academic progress while receiving the treatment they need.
Our Nourish PHP Program for Mental Health and Eating/Body Image Issues
Center for Families’ Nourish program is a unique treatment program specialized for teens experiencing mental health struggles that are accompanied by poor body image and/or a difficult relationship with food.
The program includes:
- Individual, group, and family therapy to treat anxiety, depression, trauma/PTSD, and other mental health issues
- Nutritional guidance and education, weekly dietary assessments, and nutritional goal-setting
- Evidence-based clinical and experiential programming that incorporates a focus on body awareness
West Chester PHP Gallery
Nourish Program Gallery
West Chester, PA
1301 Wrights Lane
West Chester, PA 19380